Basic Guidelines For English Spellings
An object or device of unspecified name or nature.
thing, whatever it is, whatever it is called
- ‘He can turn most TVs off with a handheld doofer that he carries in his pocket.’
- ‘Some vandals had thrown something onto the electric doofer on the top of the train.’
- ‘I picked up the doofer and clicked the Menu button.’
- ‘My new flat does not have central heating, we have these night-storage doofers.’
- ‘The moisturiser worked and the other two doofers were a bit disappointing.’
1930s perhaps an alteration of do for in phrases like that will do for now.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips